Guadeloupe is located in the Caribbean and was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1493. It contains islands which are separated by the Salee River. Guadeloupe has two islands which are namely, Basse-Terre to the west and Grande-Terre to the east. With a population of over 400,132, it is the largest and the most populous European Union Territory in North America.
- Lles Des Saintes- The dependency islands of Guadeloupe is known for Pain De Sucre Beach’s coral rich waters and Palm lined Les Saintes Bay.
- Carbet Falls- Carbet Falls are a series of the beautiful waterfalls on the Carbet River in Guadeloupe.
- Guadeloupe National Park-The American National Park in Guadeloupe which includes the highest point.
- Habitation Grande Anse- This hotel located in Deshaies offers 5 kinds of apartments. Free Parking, Restaurant, Multilingual Staff, and even take your pets along.
- Le Jardin Malanga- A 3-star hotel, with services like Pool, Restaurant, and others based in Trois Rivieres.
- Les Bananes Vertes- Located in Saint-Claude, get facilities like Multilingual Staff, Wheelchair access and Hot Tub to pamper yourself.
- La Playa- Enjoy French, Caribbean and yummy Seafood in this restaurant located in Capesterre.
- Kawan Restaurant- Get to taste French and Caribbean delicacies here at Deshaies.
- Paradise Kafe- Taste the perfect Chinese, Thai and Asian food here in this restaurant.
- Crudite- A mixed vegetable salad.
- Court-Bouillon- A steamed fish specialty.
- Planteur- Rum with tropical juices.
The best time to visit Guadeloupe is from mid-December to mid-April though many travelers also visit during November and May.
Get around Guadeloupe by cars or by boat. Buses here are rare and unreliable.